With every home internet connection, a router is required that is used to send signals to the devices like smartphone and tablet for accessing the internet. In other words, we can say that the router act as an interfacing device between the home network and Google WiFi Setup enabled devices. While configuring the router, security measures must be taken care of otherwise, the network can be easily accessed by the unidentified users. To check whether the router is secured or not, we are going to let you know the test which you can perform on your own.
How to perform a security test on windows PC?
- Open ‘Start’ menu from the bottom of your windows computer and go to the ‘Network and sharing center’.
- Search the network of your router and select it from the list. Close the window.
- Launch the browser on the computer and try to open any website by entering the address in the address field.
- Check whether you are able to connect to the website or not. If you find ‘No internet available’ message on the browsing screen, then it means the internet is not connected or the router is secured with the password.
The steps discussed above are for Windows PC, if you want to test same on Mac Book, then follow the steps given below:
- Click on ‘Antenna’ icon from the top right corner of the screen. Go to ‘Home network’ from the list of networks given. A Drop-down menu will be displayed prompting you to enter the password.
- Don’t enter any password in the password field and click on ‘Connect’ directly. Close the window from the bottom of the screen. Google WiFi Help check the connectivity indicator at the bottom right.
- If you are told to enter the password again and again, then this means you are not connected to the internet.
- Now, open the ‘Antenna’ icon again from the bottom and enter the password for the said router SSID. Click ‘Connect’. If the password box disappears, then it means you are connected.
- Open the browser on MacBook and try searching for any information from google. If the page gets loaded, it means you are connected to the network. If you find no results for your search, then it means the router is not connected or the home network is not available on MacBook. The test is successful on the devices.
This is all about the process to perform security test of your Google WiFi Login router on computer. For any further information, you can do google.