Google WiFi is a futuristic router, which is known for its extraordinary capabilities in terms of enhancing the Wi-Fi signals and extending its range to different corners of the house. However, in order to use Google WiFi to its full potential, you need to know a few things such as how to create a family Wi-Fi network and guest network on Google WiFi. If you are using Google WiFi, then you must know about these things because these will help you on many occasions.
How to create a family Wi-Fi network on Google Wifi?
The family Wi-Fi network allows you to control the use of the Internet connection at each terminal. This allows, for example, to define time slots for use. Convenient to supervise use by children or create “offline” times for a family meal, for example, or for the night, etc.
- Open the Google Wifi app on your smartphone and go to the Network and general settings section.
- Tap the family Wi-Fi icon and follow the instructions to first create a label (for example, “kids”) that you can link to one or more devices. Then, you can define a schedule of use, either from the models suggested by Google or by defining yourself the days and the start times of end for the suspension of the connection.
- In addition, you can also visit this family Wi-Fi menu to immediately suspend the connection of any device. To do this, press the equipment and press the ‘Pause’ button in sight of each terminal.
How to create a guest network on Google Wifi?
The guest Wifi network allows you to create a separate Wi-Fi connection from the main network with a specific password. People of your choice can connect to the Internet and even access certain devices associated with the Google Wifi you choose, such as a TV or speakers connected to a Chromecast box, an AirPlay device or Apple TV.
- To set up a guest network, open the Google Wifi app on your smartphone and go to the Network and general settings section.
- Tap Guest Wi-Fi Network and then follow the instructions to Name the network, choose a password, and possibly devices connected to Google Wifi to which you want to grant access.
- You can change the settings of a guest network at any time by returning to this section and tapping the pencil icon.
That’s how you can create a family network and guest network on Google WiFi. In case, you come across any issue while creating a family network and guest network, then you can get in touch with Google Wifi help and support providers because they can help you create those networks in the most suitable way.