A Google Wi-Fi Setup router is required for home internet connection in order to supply transmission and reception of signals to which the devices like smartphone or laptop are connected. Setting up router requires utmost security so that it can’t be accessed by anyone without permission. So, to add security or to check the security measures, there is a security check that will identify any unauthorized users connected to the network.
How to run a security check on PC?
- Go to ‘Start’ menu from the left bottom and click on ‘Networks and sharing center’.
- Click on the network name for which you are going to perform the test. After selecting the network, close the window by pressing ‘X’ from the top right.
- Now, open an internet browser directly from the desktop or from the ‘Application’ menu under the ‘Start’ option. You need to enter the address in the address field of the browser.
- Check whether you are connecting to the internet or the web page appears for what you have searched or not. If you find ‘No internet connected’, then it means no internet is available on the device.
This is how security check can be performed on windows PC. You can try the same test on your Mac Book through below-mentioned steps.
- Open ‘Antenna’ icon from the top right corner of the home screen. Click on ‘Home network’ from the list of networks given in the window. A Drop-down menu will appear prompting you to enter a password.
- Leave the password field as it is and no need to enter anything in this field. Click on ‘Connect’ directly and go to the bottom right corner of the screen. You will find the Network icon displaying internet connectivity.
- Check if the password pop-up window appears again or not. If it goes away, then it means you are connected to the network.
- Now, open the ‘Antenna’ icon again and check the Google WiFi Login network list. Click on ‘Home’ network and enter the password in the field.
- Click ‘Connect’ from the bottom corner of the screen. Check if the pop-up windows appear again or not. If it disappears, then it means you are connected to the network.
- Open a web browser by clicking on the ‘Safari’ icon from the application folder. Enter any web address of your choice in the address field and press ‘Enter’. If the page loads, then it means you are connected or if you find ‘Internet not available’ message on the screen, then means the test is successful.
This is how you can test the security of your Google WiFi Help router on the computer.