When you perform factory reset function on your Google WiFi Setup, it will remove all the current data as well as settings. Deleted data can’t be retrieved at any cost. After performing the factory reset function, you will have to set up the Wi-Fi point again.
There are 2 ways to factory reset the Wi-Fi point one is through the app and the other one is through hardware button located at the back of Wi-Fi point.
When you apply factory reset function, your Google WiFi Help point will take a few minutes and stop internet access for a while.
How to factory reset?
Factory reset through the app
- Open google wifi app.
- Click on ‘Home’ button followed by ‘Network and general’ menu.
- Under the ‘Network’ menu, go to ‘Wi-Fi points’.
- Click ‘Factory reset’ and confirm your move.
Factory resetting through a hardware button
The hardware button can be pressed to delete all the current settings and data from the Google WiFi Login point. All the data that has been collected by Google cloud service will remain available for the next six months. It will not get deleted until or unless you delete it through the app.
1st step: Search for the factory reset button
Google Wi-Fi: On Google Wifi Support you will find the black button at the back of the device. The placement of the reset button is the same on almost all brands. You will find the same button on the back of ASUS Hub and TP-link.
2nd step: Unplug your wifi point and press the factory reset button for a second.
- Unplug your Wi-Fi point from the power source.
- Press and hold the button for at least 5 seconds. While pressing the button, turn on the device again by putting the cable into the socket.
- You will find the power light will first lit white then turn to blue. When it starts flashing blue, you can release the button.
- The minimum time period for which the blue light will flash is almost 45 seconds, so you need not worry till this time period.
- The maximum time period it can take is 10 minutes.
- Once it gets connected to the internet, you will find the blue light pulsing which indicates that it is ready for setup.
Note: Pressing the reset button for more than 15 seconds will change its function from factory reset to something else. In such a case, simply unplug the device and wait for 10 seconds. Plug the device back to the supply and check if it started working normally or not.
- Disconnect the hub from the power source.
- With the use of the paper clip, press and hold the reset button, till the time connect the device back to the power supply. Continue pressing it for at least 5 seconds.
- This will start the reset process. Again it will take 10 minutes, so sit back and relax.
- Once completed, the Wi-Fi point will lit blue.
Don’t press the reset button for more than 15 seconds, otherwise, it will not factory reset. Unplug the device and plug it back to the supply after 10 seconds.