There are some pre-requisites for setting up a new Google WiFi Login system. Here’s a list of things required to get started:
- Google wireless points.
- Google username and password.
- Google Wi-Fi app in Android 4 or higher OS or iOS with 10 and above.
- Internet connection.
- Modem: Google Wi-Fi itself is not a modem so, it needs an Ethernet cable and a modem to connect to it. This can be individual or combo provided by ISP. If you are living in an apartment, then there is no need of modem for a broadband connection. In such cases, you can plug the Google Wi-Fi directly to the Ethernet Jack given in your house wall.
- Ethernet cable for primary wireless point.
- Power adapter for each wireless point.
1st step: Find a spot for Wi-Fi point
There is a need for connection between modem and Google WiFi Help point. If possible, place the devices on a plain shelf as it will be easy for eye level to control it.
2nd step: Plug your primary Wi-Fi point
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the WAN port of Google point and another end to the modem.
- Plug the Google Wi-Fi to the power outlet. You will find a blue light lit on it.
- Place Wi-Fi point on the plain surface for best signal.
3rd step: Download Google Wi-Fi app
Download the Google Wi-Fi app on your Android device or iOS mobile. Open the app and check the terms of service and privacy policies. If you want to uncheck the box, then simply click the left mouse button.
Sign in to the Google account.
4th step: Find and connect to the Google Wi-Fi point
Read on-screen instructions to get started with the Google WiFi Support app. scan the QR code through app. Your Wi-Fi point will be scanned through the phone camera. This will connect the phone to the Google Wi-Fi point.
5th step: Select your Wi-Fi point location from the app
From the app menu, select the Wi-Fi point and identify if it is correct or not. You can customize it as well. When done, click ‘Next’.
6th step: Setup Wi-Fi
- If prompted, create a name for your wireless network. Tap ‘Next’.
- Create a password of your choice.
- Select ‘Create’.
- Click yes, if you are asked ‘Are you using cloud services’. This will help Google in collecting the data and analyzing it for peak performance to be provided by the devices and network. To turn off the cloud service, click ‘No thanks’. It must be remembered that features like ‘family Wi-Fi’ and ‘Network monitoring’ will remain disabled with ‘Cloud services turned off’.
7th step: Install the software
After everything gets configured, the app will start the download and install the Google Wi-Fi software which includes the latest features and security measures. This may take some time. Now, the Google WiFi Setup point will restart and the network will remain down until the Wi-Fi point gets fully refreshed and the light turns solid.
You are almost done after this. You will find ‘Congrats’ message on the startup screen.