Do you want your kids to finish their homework without any disturbance or it’s your dinner time? Well, there is a unique feature available in Google Wi-fi with the help of which you can easily ‘Pause’ the internet on all the devices. You might be excited to know the steps in this regard. Here’s how you can set it up.
Though this feature will not pause the internet access on your Google Wi-fi but will restrict the access on the specified devices. There’s an option to pause the internet access on more than one device in a single go. This is possible with the help of creating a group. You can put multiple devices in the group list and set up automatic resume time.
- To begin with, open the Google Wi-fi app on your smartphone and go to the ‘Settings’ tab. You will find three circles around the gear icon. Click on it.
- Go to ‘Family Wi-Fi’.
- Click on ‘Set up’ from the bottom of the screen.
- Here on this page, you will find the ‘Next’ option. Click on this to start adding the group of devices that can be paused at once. If you want to pause devices one-by-one then click on ‘Skip’ this step.
- When you press the ‘Skip’ button, a complete list of devices connected to the Google wi-fi will be displayed on the screen. Click on the ‘Pause’ icon given to the right-hand side of each device to stop the access for a specific device.
- In order to create a group of devices, you can click on the ‘+’ icon from the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Give any name to the group and press ‘Next’.
- Start adding the devices and once completed, tap ‘Next’.
After this, you will find the group gets created on the home screen. When you click on the ‘Pause’ button. All the devices will stop getting the signal from the wi-fi. If you want to resume, click on the button again. For more information, click on the ‘Group Info’.
If you want to set the end time, then set it and click ‘Automatically resume after the set time’ option. You can either choose the default times or custom according to your needs.
Once everything is set, the end time will start displaying on the screen. You can pause it again and override it anytime.
This is one of the most amazing features found in mesh Wi-Fi systems including Eero. It is simple and quick to setup. You can apply this on all the traditional routers but it is not as clear as Google and other mesh Wi-Fi systems make it.