The streaming player, Chromecast lets you stream the favorite videos and movies online with the help of internet connection. Whether it is YouTube or Hulu or any other streaming channel, you can download it and play the content on the TV screen through Chromecast player. You can enjoy your favorite shows or movies even when you are away from your home. This is possible with the help of the Chromecast app downloaded on a smartphone.
But what if the Chromecast is not connecting to the Google Wi-Fi installed at home? There can be several reasons for this problem.
- Chromecast not properly connected.
- Setup on the Chromecast needs to be done.
- The network band selected on the Google Wi-Fi router is not supported by the Chromecast.
- Login page available at public buildings like hotels.
- Defective Google router.
You need to first diagnose the problem then troubleshoot accordingly. You need to open the troubleshooter page from the web browser of your smartphone.
The biggest problem and the time-consuming activity is changing the Wi-Fi connection every time on your Chromecast. If you are changing the connection frequently, then this may put the Chromecast in trouble and with this, you won’t be able to connect the Chromecast properly.
Now, we are going to discuss the steps to fix this problem. Read the below-mentioned steps carefully and get the right solution for connecting the Chromecast to the Google Wi-fi.
Forget the Chromecast not connecting to the Google Wi-Fi for a while and set up through the PC once.
After connecting the Wi-Fi to the PC, you can enjoy the Chromecast streaming anywhere around the home. This is possible through the virtual router software app. These apps are available online in a bundle, you can download the best one.
- Connect the Chromecast to the computer which has the virtual app installed: The hotspot app installed in the PC will help in connecting to the Chromecast. Setup is required for the first time only after which the Chromecast will remember the login credentials.
- Use a smartphone or tablet to change the settings of Chromecast: Sometimes, when you connect the hotspot app to the Chromecast through the computer or laptop, it won’t allow you to change the settings of it. The best workaround for this is; use of smartphones or tablets for modifying the settings.
- Don’t alter the SSID or the password: When you connect the hotspot app to the Chromecast, the latter one uses the default username and the password for connecting to it. If you change the default details, then you will find a problem in connecting the device and you will have to configure the Chromecast again.